Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Dark Wings

The cold was embracing..
The rain, raw and unbecoming..
The morning sky painted stunning lilac and blue..
And me standing alone in the middle of it..
The cool rain drops pounding as i look into the sky..
My hands reach up.. trying to grasp.. something anything..
Soaked to the bone i felt my spirit lift..
Chilling dew runs down my neck..
i feel my back tear.. and my wings branch out..
The cry echos the streets..
The silence shatters in the instance..
slowly the rain washes the blood off my body...
Kneeling on the gravel.. Black wings wrap me tight..
I didn't want to leave.. the rain was me.
So cold.. dense.. tired and gloomy.. So dark and lost..
the gale of winds blow right through me..
Perfect the night that i became..

Stumbled across this whilst looking thorough my old now ancient blog posts..
this one i wrote on March 09 2004.. Wow.. looking back it sure brings back memories..